ANNE ARUNDEL WATERMEN’S ASSOCIATION
WHAT WE HAVE DONE THIS PAST YEAR!
• Annual crab feast and seafood festival on October 8, 2017 was very successful. We are in the final stages of preparation for the 11th annual festival scheduled for Sunday, October 7, 2018 and we can use all the help we can get, this is our prime fundraiser for all the things we are able to contribute.
• Nearly 30 members joined in a holiday gathering at Bayside inn located in Edgewater on December 20, 2017, a grand time was had by all.
• We participated and helped sponsor the first annual Deale Parade of Lights, December 21, 2017. 35 boats were decorated and lit up for the parade from Hidden Harbor Marina past Happy Harbor and around Skippers Pier. Date for this year is December 19, 2018
• We had representation at the Waterman’s Caucus in Annapolis each Monday during the 2018 legislative session.
• We were sponsors and participants in the Blessing of the Fleet April 20, 2018 at Happy Harbor on Rockhold Creek.
• We were proud to give $1,000 scholarships to two graduating seniors from Anne Arundel County.These students are studying marine Sciences and natural resources, they are Alex Holt from Annapolis High school and Joey Miller from Southern High School.
• We participated in the Buy Local Challenge on July 31, 2018 at Greenstreet Gardens with Governor Larry Hogan visiting our booth.
• We have partnered with Captain Avery Museum for the Oyster Festival Event scheduled for Sunday, October 21st. Our association will be at the raw oyster table, stop by to see us!
We can do more with your help, contact us or call 410-991-5331 to join and participate.
Piictured above, Alexander Holt, Annapolis High School, will attend John
Hopkins University in the fall and major in environmental engineering